1.1 SKILLS TRANSFER TO BUDGET AND TREASURY PERSONNEL
Skills transfer will take place as and when the need arises or as identified by the Municipality with the following activities: –
- the training will be aligned with the requirements of National Treasury, where applicable;
- practical examples and case studies, relevant to the Municipality, will be used during the training;
- the training will be conducted in accordance with the training plan. The training will cover the following topics: –
- accounting framework;
- accounting policies;
- GRAP annual financial statements (AFS);
- cash flow statement;
- year-end procedures and planning; and
- quality of the AFS.
- other accounting and GRAP topics will be covered during the hands-on training.
- training material developed which is aligned to the requirements of National Treasury; and
- conduct training.
- two-day classroom training; and
- hands on training which will be performed throughout the Project.
For effective training, classroom training will be divided between junior and senior staff members.
1.2 TRAINING FOR FINANCIAL OFFICIALS ON THE REQUIREMENTS OF GRAP AND ANY REVISED STANDARDS AS WELL AS MSCOA
The training will be done in a classroom format and in the form of hands-on training. Hands-on training will be as and when a specific task is performed, the following are the activities for classroom training: –
- training material will be developed based on the specific areas identified by the Municipality and as per your terms of reference and specific needs as they arise;
- the training is aligned to the requirements of National Treasury, where applicable; and
- practical examples and case studies will be used during the training.
- training material developed and aligned to the requirements of National Treasury.
- each training session will take 2 days to prepare.
- training will be conducted as per the training plan to be finalised once appointed and at a venue identified by the Municipality.
In order to ensure effective learning, it is suggested that each training session be limited to 20 participants.
- training conducted per the proposed training plan.
- this will be dependent on the training session being conducted.
- training material and a training plan will be developed based on the specific areas identified by the Municipality;
- Advising municipalities on talent management strategies and career pathing for staff
- Advising municipalities on relevant and practical training programmes
- Provide desktop training during implementation of financial projects across all finance divisions